Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
“Failing to plan is planning to fail.” ~ H.K. Williams
“Business Continuity Planning, or Resilience Planning, is the process of creating systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats to a company, and to enable ongoing operations during the execution of disaster recovery procedures.” ~ Wikipedia
Have you ever thought about how you would operate your business, make sales, and generate revenue in any the following scenarios?
- No access to your buildings due to an ongoing emergency event
- Fire or Flood in your building complex
- Fire, Theft, or Flood on your business property
- Server or Application Crash
- Ransomware attack (data files encrypted for ransom)
- Extended loss of Internet connection or power
- Key operations personnel hospitalized or otherwise unavailable
Business Continuity is the process of planning methods to continue business operations when a disaster strikes and Disaster Recovery is required. The plan should be tested and refined up front and at periodic intervals to the extent possible to reveal any issues so the plan can be adjusted.
Information Technology Business Continuity topics include:
- Having written procedures in place for different scenarios
- Establishing a chain of command
- Establishing relationships with solutions providers in advance
- Having a location prepared and arranged for off-site emergency operations
- Having redundant services in place, or having hot, warm, or cold spare equipment available. This could be computers, storage, network hardware, physical locations, or internet connections ready to fire up.
Again, many businesses haven’t considered everything involved in a sudden and unexpected interruption of basic business services and equipment.
Don’t let this be you. Prepare!
Call us today to schedule a meeting to discuss how to begin the process.